Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Age of Empires 3

Age of Empires 3 handles clans slightly differently, and here is what to do to join the AoE3 version of Noobcakes, The Nerd Herd [NerdH]
  1. Get AoE3
  2. Get a username on ESO (Ensemble Studos Online)
  3. Email me: knightquestsupport@gmail.com
  4. I will invite you into the clan.
[NerdH] basically allows you to play an online game where only the clan is allowed in. Therefore you know the player you are against and can be in a secure game. When you are in the clan you will receive a password for all [NerdH] games.

-Motor.On
BF2:SF rank: Corporal

Free Gun Here! - I don't know where you came up with Corporal..... Anyway I think we need to change the clan name from NerdH to N|3C to keep it uniform... NerdH doesn't really fit with the clan style so I think it's in desparate need of a change. Plus on the website it says we keep our clan tags wherever we go, so we need to make that true. Do we have a server for AoE3? I'm guessing you just create a game on your computer and invite clan members whenever you feel like playing... This poses two problems - first, people have to be in the clan to join the game, which is bad. Sure, it lets you play in a game where you know everyone, but then nobody sees our clan on AoE3. We're losing valuable advertising by keeping it private on that game. Plus the games are bound to be very small, since almost nobody in the clan so far has that game. I know I can't play it on my computer, and I'm not very fond of it anyway. The second problem is that we don't have a consistent server for people to join. They would have to wait for you to be available to create a game. So, changes that need to be made on the AoE3 Branch:
1) Conformation of Clan Call Signs
2) Eventual creation of dedicated server
3) aoe.noobcakes.com virtual server pointing at our dedicated server, and temporarily at Motor.On's IP address so that we can join his created games.

S.T.A.R.S., you're on the dedicated server. The dedicated server is probably well in the future since we need the hardware to create such a server. Motor.On, I advise you to make the AoE3 clan have the same name as the N|3C clan in order to avoid confusion.

Motor.On edit-
First off, there are no dedicated servers in AoE3. Ensemble simply sets up a game on your system and then it goes. You cannot set up a dedicated server. Not at all possible. Don't say it sucks, because it isn't Ensemble's fault. Blame Microsoft( They said to publish too early, so ESO sukz).
I'll change the name I guess...
You don't need my IP adress, I just tell you the game name in the clan area, you put in the passwd (if there is one) and Viola! you are in the game. No need for IP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home