Friday, February 03, 2006

VAC Security Problems

So far I've been experiencing problems starting my CS 1.6 Server with VAC security enabled. It fails to establish the connection with the VAC servers. As far as I know, however, the problem has been fixed on the Source machine. I just wanted to let you know what my project was for this weekend - getting VAC to work. Without VAC, the servers attract cheaters and hackers, which is something we discourage. S.T.A.R.S., since you seem to have fixed your server's VAC problems, would you mind sharing your secrets with me? I think that's a pretty high priority goal for the CS 1.6 server.

-Free Gun Here!

Well FGH, I'd love to tell you, but I have no idea what I did. I just ran the patch and tada, it worked. I didn't even realize that it worked. I suggest posting on several forums if you haven't already.

-S.T.A.R.S.

Okay I'll work on it... Maybe you can come over here today and we can work on it... Or I can go over there, which is much easier since you've got way better inet.

-Free Gun Here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home